Hammocks have become increasingly popular mainly because of the uniqueness of the design parameters. A hammock is basically a type of sleeping device that is suspended from walls, ceilings, trees, roof hooks, or posts and meant to provide an enhanced resting and relaxing experience. Hammocks are made from light-weight material like hammock cord or fabric, and are highly portable in nature. Hammocks or hanging beds that swing easily from two points provide the much-needed relaxation and amazing health benefits for people with joint, bone and spinal problems.
Medical uses and benefits of hammocks:
1. Promotes faster sleep: Studies have evidenced that people fall asleep faster in a hammock. They are reminiscent of a womb, providing natural rhythm for a sound and relaxed sleep.
2. Reduces pressure points: Sleeping in the hammock provides a zero-pressure point environment. There is absolutely no tossing and turning, and, hence, a comfortable sleep is ensured. Relieving pressure from key energy areas stimulates good blood circulation also.
3. Reduces stress: Mental stress is potentially harmful and deadly. It is clearly evident that hammocks are instrumental in relieving stress. There is nothing more calming to the senses than the swinging and rocking motion of the hammock which stimulates the cerebral cortex and increases the person’s ability to think and focus. It also improves concentration and cognitive skills.
4. Improves physical health: When you lie down in a hammock the spinal vertebrae are aligned from “head to tail bone.” This rejuvenates your body and transforms you into a state of meditation which in turn improves your overall health.
5. Relieves back and neck pain: Lying in the hammock relieves some of the pressure off your muscles. As the hammock adjusts to the contours of your body it assures good support and eliminates pressure points. It promotes relaxation of the muscles and permits more consistent flow of blood. You wake up invigorated and energized to face the challenges of the day.
6. Improves brain activity: Lying and relaxing in the hammock is believed to improve brain activity. A hammock is used to treat autism, a disorder in children characterized by impaired communication. Many health practitioners are recommending the use of hammocks to help alleviate this problem.
7. Good for meditation: Yoga practitioners have found hammocks to be effective for meditation as the hammock relaxes and soothes the muscles. At home you can even practice yoga or meditation in a hammock. It relieves your pressure points and relaxes your entire body and mind.
8. Relieves pre-natal pain: Pregnant mothers have successfully implemented the use of hammocks to get relief from pre-natal pain as it fosters a relaxed, sound sleep.
9. Treatment of colic and reflux: Hammock has been touted to relive colic and reflux. The rhythmic swinging motion of the hammock eases tension and relaxes muscles. It provides a better sleeping position for an uncomfortable baby.
10. Relieves head and chest congestion: The slightly elevated position of the hammock is believed to alleviate tightness of chest and head. This ensures a more comfortable and relaxed sleeping atmosphere.
With so many amazing health benefits, a hammock is a must-have in every home. Buy a hammock today and enjoy the incredible benefits that go with it. Hammocks are a great way to relax.